Members-only features and content
Many features of the ScienceWriters web site are restricted to NASW members.
Members are asked not to share members-only content with non-members.
- Member directory: A searchable index of contact information for science writers, including areas of specialty and expertise.
- Words' Worth market database: Where members report their experiences with freelancing clients and learn from other members what they did, what they charged, and how it went
- Funding sources: A searchable list of grants, fellowships, and other types of funding for which science writers may qualify.
- Membership forum: For discussion of NASW's governance and other issues relating to the organization.
- Setting up a member web page: How to set up an individual web page on the ScienceWriters site at no charge to regular (not student) members.
- Annual membership meeting minutes
- Jobs bank: A 90-day archive of job ads for full-time, part-time, freelance, contract, and other work, including internships.
- Member email aliases: Forward your mail to a personal email account from an nasw.org address of your choosing. Just use the "edit profile" link when logged in, then look near the bottom of the "additional information" tab.